River at the river at sunset

River at the river at sunset
River at the river at Sunset...also, my boyfriend, Joel, and his 2 kids, Gabe and Alix...I'm a mother of 3 now!!

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Nonsmoker continued...what the F@#! happened?

...Sorry, new blogger here, let me pick up where I got cut off by the damn computer...
7- I have finally found the man I want to spend the rest of my life with, Joel Ammon Van Wagoner, and now that I finally have my perfect partner in crime, I wanna stick around a long long time and get old with him and knit blankets on the front porch in my rocking chair, and tell stories to whoever comes to visit and get wise and wrinkly.  And I wanna still be climbin up mountains and sliding back down till I'm 99!!

8- Well, I have been a bad influence on my boyfriend and he took up smoking shortly after meeting me, almost a year ago.  It doesn't agree with him like it did with me, he seems to be killing himself too quickly, hacking up a lung since the 2nd month in.  I still have not gotten a smokers hack...except when I'm sick with a cold.  So he's been trying to quit and beating himself up when he caves and I feel responsible because I'm always smoking and it's hard for him to not want to smoke too if he wants to spend time with me, which he does.  So we're quitting together and I'm so lucky to have that kind of support...and guilt inspiring my will to be strong.

9- Smoking has started to affect my ability to hold a long note while singing, I have been scared that I will eventually lose my ability to wow a crowd with my vocal talents.  But already, that problem has fixed itself, just with a few days of laying off the toxic smoke.

10- I will no longer be shunned by the general public.  I will no longer have to feel the discrimination that people have against smokers.  Christians will no longer judge me as a sinner based on the cigarette in my hand.  Parents will no longer try to protect their children from me as if I have leprosy.  I will be able to blend in better, like a chameleon. I will no longer be told to go 25 feet away from an entrance.

So, I'm sure there are a dozen more reasons to be smoke free, but ten will suffice for now.

I am using the patch to quit and I believe it has been helpful.  Quitting smoking makes me empathetic to Heroin addicts and crack heads.  I feel that addicted to cigarettes.  Before I was a smoker, I had amazing will power, and actually, I still do...with everything except cigarettes.  It makes me so angry that such a stupid drug that doesn't even get you high can be so addictive...and legal for that matter.  And yet pot is not.  Stoopid government. money mongers! Phillip Morris!!

My 1st day of "sobriety" was a living hell!  Even with the patch, my psychological dependency and nervous habit was unbearable to replace.  I also decided to cut out the coffee because it is my biggest trigger to smoking, caffeine actually stimulates your craving for tobacco.  I bought gum, sunflower seeds, and suckers just to have the hand to mouth obsession su

No comments:

Post a Comment