Hello cyberspace, if any one's out there tuning in, I just wanted to say that I have not had a single cigarette since 9:45 p.m. pacific time on the evening of July 10th, 2011. That means I have been smoke free, (In the tobacco sense), for approximately 64 hours!!! That is a big deal for me because I have been smoking a pack a day for 15 years, almost half of my life!! So I'm patting myself on the back because I feel great! And yet I crave a smoke horribly, so writing this blog is really about reassuring myself that life is much better without cigarettes.
Let me count the ways:
1- I'm no longer spending $8.25 a day on a pack of ridiculously priced natural smokes. If they were still 2 bucks a pack, like they were 15 year ago, I might not be so motivatred to quit
2- My lungs feel great! I feel like I can breathe at full capacity after just one day and I haven't coughed at all.
3- I smell great! I washed all my clothes and got rid of my ashtrays.
4- I can smell again! So well that I can't stand the smell of cat piss in my house and I want to neuter my cat and give him to a gay couple in Seattle, ha, just kidding...sort of.
5- I've freed up all sorts of time! So much that I'm going crazy and yet being very productive.
6- River doesn't know yet because he's out of town with his dad, but when he finds out, he will be so excited! My son loves me so much and worries about my health and hopes I live a long healthy life.
7-
D, I'm so proud of you- You absolutely rock! i quit 4.5 yrs ago and am stoked on all the things u mentioned above... the smell of honeysuckle and fresh basil...mmmmmm it just keeps getting better.. i just built a 40 ft greenhouse- where i spend all my "smoke breaks":) hugs sister
ReplyDeleteEugene